Department of Operations and Engineering
The Department of Operations and Engineering is responsible for road construction and maintenance, snow removal on the roads and sidewalks, traffic control, sidewalk construction and maintenance, streetlights, sanitary sewer collection system, water distribution system and the maintenance of all parks and facilities including the Sutton Arena, the Georgina Ice Palace and The Roc. This department is also responsible for the mosquito control program, as well as, dealing with all matters relating to engineering, subdivision and site plan development, plan review and agreement preparation, site alteration, local sidewalks, waste management and waste recycling programs, including the blue box and green bin programs and user pay garbage collection program.
This department is headed by the Director of Operations and Engineering. The divisions are managed by the Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, Parks and Facilities Manager, The Roc Manager along with the assistance of the Road Superintendent, Belhaven Roads Yard Foreperson, Egypt Roads Yard Foreperson, the Water/Wastewater Supervisor, Sutton Arena Manager, Georgina Ice Palace Manager and a team of dedicated staff.
The York Region Waste Transfer Station and Household Hazardous Waste Deport for Georgina is located at 23068 Warden Avenue, north of Ravenshoe Road in Keswick and may be contacted by telephone at 905-476-7555.
- Winter Forecast: Lots of Snow!
- Thank You!
- Adopt-A-Road Program
- Mosquito Control Program
- Operations & Engineering Road Contruction Notices
- York Region Outdoor Water Usage Page
- Drinking Water Notices and Reports
Maskinonge River Pedestrian Bridge
- Maskinonge River Pedestrian Bridge Environmental Assessment - Final Report
- Maskinonge River Pedestrian Bridge Environmental Assessment - Notice
- Maskinonge River Pedestrian Bridge Municipal Class Environmental Assessment
- Maskinonge River Pedestrian Bridge Study Fact Sheet
- Maskinonge River Pedestrian Public Information Centre #3
Site Plan Review Committee
Keswick Stormwater Management Study
- Class Environmental Assessment
- Public Information Centre No. 2 Presentation
- Keswick SWM Study - Final Report (25.0MB)
- Engineering Division
- Operations Division (Roads, Waterworks, Waste & Recycling)
- Parks and Facilities Division
- The ROC (Outdoor Recreational Campus)
By-law 2011-0044 (REG-1) requires that all fill material comply with Table 1 or Table 2 standards under the Ministry of Environment's Soil, Ground Water and Sediment Standards For Use Under Part XV.1 of the Environmental Protection Act, April 15, 2011. A copy of the tables can be found by clicking on the above link. Please note, Table 1 standards are required for fill volumes less than 2000m3 and Table 2 standards required where fill volumes exceed 2000m3.
- Site Alteration Permit Application Form
- Site Alteration Permit Information Package for Land Owners
- Grading Permits in New Subdivisions (Under construction or un-assumed)
- ORLM Developments (Jackson's Point) Timeline Update
- Benchmark Photo Record (17.6 MB)
- Town of Georgina Development Design Criteria
- Grading Permits in New Subdivisions
- Mosquito Control Program
- Site Plan Application & Guide
- Waste Disposal Information & Public Notices
- Waterworks - Quality Management Policy
- Additional Operations and Engineering Forms/Applications
Primary Department Contacts
|Director of Operations and Engineering||Dan Pisani||Contact Info|
|Administrative Asstistant to the Director of Operations & Engineering||Heather Young||Contact Info|
|Engineering Manager||Michael Baskerville||Contact Info|
|Operations Manager||Robert Fortier||Contact Info|
|Parks & Facilities Manager||Dan Murnaghan||Contact Info|