Georgina Leisure Pool
Thank you for choosing the Georgina Leisure Pool . The Aquatic Staff are committed to create a safe, enjoyable and educational atmosphere. Please recognize the pool rules and assist the staff with their delivery.
GENERAL POOL FACILITY RULES
- Mandatory Admission Policy is enforced - see section Admission Policy
- Food or beverages are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Patrons shall take a cleansing shower using soap and warm water before entering the deck and pool area.
- No patron shall pollute the pool in any manner and that any spitting, spouting of water and blowing the nose in the pool are prohibited.
- Please remove street shoes and socks before entering the pool change and deck areas. All persons remaining on the deck must be in a bathing attire.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear plastic pants under their bathing suit.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any individual showing any form of intoxication, that may be considered potentially harmful to him/herself or any other patron, shall be asked to leave the facility immediately.
- In the event of a Pool Foul or Power Failure, which causes the pools to be closed for an extended period of time (over 30 minutes), a Complimentary One Time Swim Pass will be issued by the Supervisor on duty. This pass could be used at any time after the pool re-opens. No monetary refunds will be issued. Complimentary One Time Swim Passes will only be issued if the patron chooses to leave the facility.
- General admittance to the pool is for the scheduled swim time only. Re-admittance to another swim time the same day is not allowed.
- The Town of Georgina is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Management reserves the right to revoke or refuse admittance due to inappropriate conduct
- The Therapy Pool capacity is not to exceed 24 persons at one time, while the slide is not operational. When the slide is operational the Therapy Pool capacity is not to exceed 18 persons at one time.
- This is a relaxation pool, toys are not permitted.
- Personal Floatation Devices are permitted, if provided by the patron. Patrons must stay clear of the bottom of the slide while the slide is operational.
- ONLY one rider permitted on the slide at a time. (Water wings or other floatation devises are not permitted).
- Riders are to remain seated or lying on their back, and enter the splash pool feet first.
- Toys or loose objects are not permitted to go down the slide with any person.
- The line up for the slide will be located at the bottom of the stairs. The slide attendant will signal you when it is time to come up the stairs.
- Those who are frightened to go down the slide, will be escorted back down the stairs by the slide attendant.
- Riders must be 48" or over to use the slide..
- The Beach Pool capacity is not to exceed 44 persons at one time.
- The Beach Pool is designed for children 8 years of age and under. They must be accompanied by an adult or guardian 16 years of age or older. Admission Policy will be enforced.
- Adults or guardians must be in a bathing suit, in the water, within arms reach of their child(ren)at all times.
- No diving is permitted in the Lap Pool except along the deep end wall.
- Lanes will be designated specifically for Lane Swimming as required
- In order to get the best workout possible and avoid frustration, we request your co-operation with the following guidelines:
- Lanes will be designated for slow, medium and fast swimmers, to assist with smooth traffic flow.
- Swimmers are asked to swim in the lanes in a continuous circle fashion, in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Depending on the swimmers abilities at the time, you may be advised to move to a more appropriate lane. An example would be people with flutterboards in the slow lanes, faster swimmers in the fast lanes.
- Lane swims are designed for swimmers 16 years of age and older.
- Children 12-15 years of age who have completed AquaQuest 10, may attend when accompanied by an adult or guardian 16 years of age or older.
CHANGE ROOM AREAS
- Please remove outdoor shoes at entrance to change rooms.
- Children 6 years of age and under are permitted in either change areas.
- Children 7 years of age and older must utilize the appropriate change area or family change area when accompanied by and adult or guardian 16 years of age or older.
- Lockers are provided, please bring your own lock or locks may be purchased at the reception desk.
- Personal use lockers are available for your convenience. Please bring your own lock or purchase one at the reception desk.
- Patrons are welcome to supply their own lock provided that it is removed at the end of each visit.
- The Corporation of the Town of Georgina is not responsible for lost or stolen articles not securely locked in a locker with a Georgina Leisure Pool issued lock. It is strongly recommended that any articles considered to be of value be left at home. Such articles would include jewelry, baseball hats, expensive running shoes, money and credit cards.