Live Website Video/Audio Streaming of Meetings
The Town of Georgina began live website video and audio streaming of Council and Committee of the Whole meetings held at the Civic Centre on Monday April 4, 2011. This capability is being provided as a public service to further enhance access to municipal government services and to continue to promote open and transparent government operations.
- Extensive efforts have been made to ensure the reliability of live broadcast capabilities; however, the municipality makes no guarantees, either expressed or implied, as to the reliability or accuracy of this service. This includes access to live audio or video feeds, internet connectivity or other features associated with this service.
- This is a live broadcast service that is not archived; the information cannot be viewed at a later time.
- Meeting minutes will remain the official record of all meetings. Full meeting agenda and addendum packages are made available to the public in Portable Document Format (PDF) on the Town of Georgina Agenda and Minutes page. Agenda and addendum packages are usually available for download on the Friday proceeding the posted meeting date. Meeting minutes are made available for download once they have been approved by Council and released by the Office of the Clerk for website posting.
- This scalable service is built on various technologies that uses free and widely available Adobe software and standard internet browsers that are intended to be compatible with a wide variety of operating platforms. Access to a 32-bit internet browser with Adobe Flash Player version 10.x or the Adobe Connect Software Plug-in is required to use this service; free copies of these software packages are available from various online sources.
- Please visit the Adobe Connect webpage for specific system requirements and visit the Adobe Connect Accessibility page for information on accessibility capabilities and features.
- Please contact the Town of Georgina Information Technology Services Division for additional information about this service.