Town of Georgina Vote 2014
2014 Municipal Election
Monday, October 27, 2014
- Voter Information
Qualifications of Electors (S.17, S.17, MEA)
A person is entitled to vote in the upcoming Municipal Elections, if, on Voting Day (October 27th, 2014), he/she is:
- is a Canadian citizen;
- is at least 18 years old;
- resides in the Town of Georgina; or
- is the owner or tenant of land in the Town of Georgina, or the spouse of such owner or tenant of land
- is not prohibited from voting under this or any other Act
Disqualifications of Electors (S.17, MEA)
The following are not entitled to be an elector:
- a person serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institute or a person serving a sentence on weekends;
- a corporation;
- a person acting as executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity, except as a voting proxy; or
- a person who was convicted of the corrupt practice, if voting day in the current election is less than 5 years after voting day in the election in respect of which he/she was convicted.
For additional information, visit The Municipal Elections Act, 1996, Sections 17(2) and (3).
Ensure you are on the Voters' ListThe Town of Georgina has partnered with the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) to launch a new website in support of this year?s municipal and school board elections.
Potential electors can visit VoterLookup.ca and confirm and update their information in a few easy steps. Updating this information will help to ensure Voters' Lists are accurate in preparation for municipal and school board elections occurring this fall. Voterlookup.ca allows electors to change/update/confirm their municipal information and school support for electoral purposes.
Visit VoterLookup.ca today to confirm and update your elector details.
Contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 or visit the MPAC 2014 Enumeration or Town of Georgina website for more information.