The 2020 Community Snapshot is here! This annual publication highlights the progress made on our strategic goals.
2020 saw a lot of change in the community as it dealt with the COVID-19 pandemic. From moving services and Council meetings online to offering virtual events and new business services, there was a lot of positive change in 2020.
- $94M value of total construction building permits issued and 506 building permits issued
- 122 businesses supported through Economic Recovery Team programs – launched during COVID-19
- Purchased a Fire and Rescue Services drone and certified two inspectors as Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilots
- First ever virtual Town Halls with the Mayor and York Region Medical Officer of Health live on Facebook
- Drive-thru Parade of Lights at the ROC that saw 1,000 vehicles and approximately 3,712 participants and was a winner of the 2020 Festivals and Events Ontario award
- More than 22,000 social media followers for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, a 17 per cent year over year increase
- The Marcom International Marketing Award for the animated Jack video series
Check out the digital version at georgina.ca/CommunitySnapshot.