Be aware of CO dangers during power outage!

You are here

The Georgina Fire Department would like to remind residents to take care when operating back-up generators and barbecues especially for people who are continuing to experience power outages due to the ice storm.

NEVER use a barbecue inside your home or garage, or you could put you and your family at serious risk of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning!

NEVER operate a generator inside your home, basement or garage or you could put you and your family at serious risk of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning!

Always have properly installed CO and smoke alarms throughout your home, especial near all sleeping areas, and regularly change your batteries.

For more information on steps you and family can take during a weather event, please visit The Regional Municipality of York’s Emergency Preparedness Guide.