While we hope the summer weather continues for a long while, it’s time to start planning fall and winter activities. The Georgina 2019/2020 Fall and Winter Activity Guide will be available on Aug. 8.
It offers a variety of popular returning programs for children, teens, adults and seniors such as fitness and aquatics programs, general interest workshops, holiday and March break camps and more.
Watch for new programs offered this fall and winter season including:
- Reading and Rocking, Twist and Shout Talkers and Twist and Shout Walkers – new activities for pre-schoolers and parents to enjoy together.
- Mother and daughter yoga for women aged 15 years and older.
- Cardmaking and Vision Board workshops for those looking to try something new and creative.
- Chocolate and Soup Masters workshops for the foodie in you.
- Computers for Adults (Level 1 and 2) – for those wanting to learn more about computers and gain basic knowledge with the goal of incorporating their enhanced computer skills into their day-to-day functions.
- Find your Voice 101, 201 and 301 – A Life Coach leads this three-part series of workshops to help explore your personality.
- Kangoo Jump Fitness – this fitness workout with rebound shoes will provide a high-intensity or low-intensity workout and burns twice as many calories as running alone, with less stress on your body. Equipment is provided.
Need a copy of the guide?
Get your copy in the Georgina Advocate on Thursday, Aug. 8 or view it online at georgina.ca/recreation.
Limited copies of the Fall and Winter Activity Guide will be available at the Georgina Civic Centre, Georgina Leisure Pool, Georgina Ice Palace, Sutton Arena, Georgina Public Libraries and the Stephen Leacock Theatre. *While supplies last.
Want to register?
Registration for fall programs begins Aug. 20. Winter program registration begins Dec. 3.
Register online at georgina.ca/recreation or by calling 905-476-4301.