Each year, the Town of Georgina passes a budget to determine how funds are allocated. Tax dollars go towards a number of programs and services which your family relies on and uses every day – from waste collection and clearing snow to recreation and fire services.
The Town is inviting residents to get involved in the 2020 budget process and is providing a variety of ways to be informed and provide feedback. These include:
- Visit georgina.ca/budget to take the online survey beginning Sept. 3. It is also available in hard copy at all three branches of Georgina Public Library, the Civic Centre and the Link. Completed surveys can be placed in the dedicated budget boxes at those locations.
- Attend one of the budget chats to learn more about the budget with Treasurer Rob Wheater:
- Sept. 8 – 10 a.m. to noon – Georgina Farmers’ Market
- Sept. 14 – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Pefferlaw Library, 76 Pete’s Lane, Pefferlaw
- Sept. 15 – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Keswick Library, 90 Wexford Dr., Keswick
- Sept. 22 – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Sutton Library, 5279 Black River Rd., Sutton
- Provide feedback via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public input is a vital component to the budget process. The deadline for the survey is Sept. 23. and the results will be included as part of the draft budget presented to Council on Oct. 23. For more information and to stay up to date on the budget, visit georgina.ca/budget.