Have you ever wanted to name a street in Georgina? Now is your chance. The Town of Georgina is asking the public for help in providing potential names to be considered for the naming of new streets. As the Town grows, new streets will be built and they will need names approved by Town Council and York Region.
How do you get a name considered?
- Suggest a name – Write a letter or email identifying the suggested name(s) and explain your choice. It should show a strong positive image and have personal, historical, cultural, aboriginal, or social significance or contributions to the Town.
- Get consent – If the suggested name honours an individual, event or organization, written documentation must be included providing consent.
- Send it in: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Velvet Ross, manager, Planning Division
Development Services Department
Town of Georgina, 26557 Civic Centre Rd., Keswick, ON L4P 3G1
- Deadline – All submissions must be received by June 30, 2019.
- What’s Next – All names will be reviewed according to the street naming policies of the Town of Georgina and York Region.
- Note – There will be no monetary or other form of compensation nor recognition provided for suggested names.
Visit georgina.ca/streetname to learn more.