The Town of Georgina is reviewing the Keswick Secondary Plan. The goal is to update the plan to reflect changes to provincial and regional policy and to support the development of a vibrant and thriving community where residents can live, work and play.
To help update the vision for Keswick, residents are invited to complete this thought – “My Keswick is _______”. Comment cards will be available at the Civic Centre, the Ice Palace, Georgina Gym and Club 55 at the Stephen Leacock Theatre for residents to fill out. Comments can also be sent by email to email@example.com.
Residents are also invited to participate in a number of focus group discussions related to four key planning topics – environment, transportation, business and housing. Participants will be asked to share their thoughts specific to each topic, and to identify issues and opportunities that could be addressed through the review.
Focus group discussions:
- Environment – Oct. 16 – 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – the ROC Chalet, 26479 Civic Centre Rd.
- Transportation – Oct. 16 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – the ROC Chalet, 26479 Civic Centre Rd.
- Business – Oct. 17 – 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – the ROC Chalet, 26479 Civic Centre Rd.
- Housing – Oct. 17 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – the ROC Chalet, 26479 Civic Centre Rd.
To confirm your attendance and to identify the focus group(s) you would like to participate in, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-476-4301, ext. 2297.
A public workshop is being held on Oct. 30 where residents can share their thoughts and ideas for the future of Keswick.
- Session 1 – Oct. 30 – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Stephen Leacock Theatre, 130 Gwendolyn Blvd.
- Session 2 – Oct. 30 – 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Stephen Leacock Theatre, 130 Gwendolyn Blvd.
For more information and project updates, visit georgina.ca/KSPR.