From launching Building Georgina and the Link Winter Market to the new accessible ramp and MobiMat at De La Salle Beach – there was a lot to celebrate in 2018. Residents can learn about all of the Town of Georgina’s accomplishments in the 2018 Community Snapshot.
This annual publication celebrates the progress the Town of Georgina has made on its strategic goals. It’s a snapshot of the accomplishments of the past year under the four goals of the 2014-18 Corporate Strategic Plan, which is aimed at achieving the vision of Georgina as a progressive and vibrant growing community, balanced with lakeside and rural character.
Other highlights include –
- Completion of a new roof over the Pefferlaw Ice Pad
- 1,000 new trees planted
- Celebration of the Town’s 200th anniversary
- 1,200 people enjoyed the Town’s first Field to Table event touring local farms
- More than 15,000 social media followers for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Working with York Region, completion of a multi-year watermain and sanitary sewer replacement on Dalton Road
Residents can pick up a copy at the Civic Centre, the Keswick, Pefferlaw or Sutton branches of Georgina Public Library, the Link, Georgina Leisure Pool and Stephen Leacock Theatre or view it online at georgina.ca/CommunitySnapshot.
Stay tuned for highlights from the Community Snapshot, which will be featured weekly in the Town Page. Visit georgina.ca/TownPage to view it online.