The Town of Georgina is responding to expanded COVID-19 restrictions announced by the Province of Ontario today placing York Region under modified Stage 2. The additional public health measures for York Region, including Georgina, take effect on Monday, Oct. 19 for a period of at least 28 days.
As a result, indoor in-person fitness classes are cancelled. Anyone impacted by cancelled programs and permits will be contacted directly by the Town. User fees will be refunded.
The Town will continue the following programs and activities with protocols and safety measures in place:
- All aquatic programming and private/adapted swim lessons
- Virtual recreation programs and events
- Outdoor in-person recreation programs
- Indoor athletic training permits (no scrimmage or competitive game play is allowed)
- Permits for outdoor sports
The public library branches, although not specifically impacted by the provincial announcement today, will make any necessary adjustments to meet guidelines introduced while still providing important services to the community.
The total number of people for all continuing activities and rentals cannot exceed 10 (indoors) and 25 (outdoors). These limits may be lower in areas where two metres physical distancing can’t be maintained. The Town will continue to collaborate with facility user groups, encouraging all to review their current practices. Further updates will be communicated to these groups on Monday, Oct. 19.
Residents are reminded you can help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with anyone other than members of your household
- Maintain physical distancing of at least two metres from others
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often
- Stay home if you’re sick, even with mild symptoms
For the latest information, news and updates on COVID-19 in Georgina, visit georgina.ca/COVID-19