Subscribe to our bi-weekly Economic Development and Tourism Newsletter.
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting businesses locally and globally. Below are some of the key information tools and resources you may need as you navigate this challenging time:
Local Business Support
Business support questions?
Georgina's Economic Development team is working remotely and will continue to support businesses during this difficult time by email at email@example.com. To ask questions over the phone, contact Karyn Stone, Manager of Economic Development and Tourism at 905-476-4301 ext. 2312.
- Property tax and water bill payment deferral - the Town will not be applying penalties and interest for late payment of property taxes or water bills with April due dates. A property tax deferral program of up to 90 days is also being reviewed.
- Noise By-law allows for 24-hour service delivery - The Town’s Noise By-law currently meets the requirement to allow all service or delivery trucks, who are providing essential services to continue with their business outside of current daytime hours. This will ensure all essential services and stores will be stocked for our community.
- The Town is working with other levels of government on financial packages to support our residents and businesses. More information will follow.
- Georgina's Chamber of Commerce is working with the business community to connect them with the available tools and resources they need now and when the pandemic is resolved. The Chamber is an additional resource to stay connected with as new information emerges.
Economic Response Plan
Visit canada.ca for all up-to-date information from the federal government.
- Additional support through Export Development Canada (EDC) through loans, guarantees or insurance plans.
- A 75 per cent temporary wage subsidy for eligible businesses (all businesses and non-profit organizations) to help employers keep and return workers. The subsidy is for those who have experienced a 30 per cent decline in business. Details will be announced shortly.
- Income tax deferral with no interest or penalties.
- Introduction of the Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) that will provide more than $10 billion of additional financing to customers facing economic challenges.
- Launch of the Insured Mortgage Purchase Program (IMPP) which will provide long-term stable funding to banks and mortgage lenders.
News and Updates