With the recent announcement Georgina will host a static vaccaination clinic in early spring, the Town's priority moving forward will be ensuring the clinich is ready to open when called upon. As recreation staff work toward this new priority, the tube and terrain hill at the Recreational Outdoor Campus (ROC ) will remain closed for the rest of the winter season. The balance of the ROC property will remain open for permitted use. Residents must follow all healthy and safety measures as outlined by the province.
The Town of Georgina is committed to ensure a safe environment for our community, guests and staff during their visit to the ROC. These protocols will enable us to provide a great experience for the winter season. We will continue to work closely with York Region Public Health and the provincial government to review the details of our winter plans and ensure a responsible safety plan to guide us to a safe and positive outdoor experience this season. We urge you not to visit the ROC if you do not feel well, or if anyone in your household is ill.
- Tickets MUST be purchased online prior to your arrival. All purchases of tickets must be made in advance online by visting our website. Tickets will become available 48 hours in advance of our opening day. 2 hour ticket timeslots will be available to book.
- The ROC will be operating with reduced capacity levels to enhance our guest experience and allow for greater physical distancing.
- Masks/Face Coverings - Guests are required to wear face coverings:
- In lift lines, while waiting for loading and unloading carpet lift
- Where people congregate outdoors, tickets purchases at outdoor ticket kiosk, line queues, building entry for washroom
access and tube pick up location.
- In Snow School lessons
- Physical Distancing - Guests are asked to ensure appropriate spacing of 2 meters or 6 feet between themselves. This will be required in lift lines and queues.
- Use Vehicle as your Base camp - Get ready and dressed at your vehicle. All personal items should be stored in your vehicle.
- Chalet - Will remain closed for the winter season and will only be available to guests for washroom use. The entry and exit to the washroom facility will be montiored by staff to control the capacity limits on the east side of the building. Washrooms will be cleaned and sanitized twice a day.
- Indoor food service or locker service will not be provided this winter season.
- All guests will be permitted to enter the campus 15-30 minutes prior to their booked timeslot to continue the check in process.
- All guests must report to the outdoor ticket kiosk upon entry. Check in, screening and lift tickets will be complete by customer service staff for all guests.
- All guests will be required to exit the campus within 15 minutes after the completion of the booked timeslot.
- Daily Screening/Health Checks - All guests will be required to complete a screening/health check prior to being permitted to enter the facility. Please do not come to the resort if you or anyone in your household is ill or are not feeling well.