Digital Skills for Business
This program is a free-of-charge educational workshop series that focuses on building the presence of your business online. This series will cover topics like social media, digital marketing, e-commerce, and using tools like Facebook Meta, Google Ads and Google Analytics.
Need help applying your new digital skills for your business? Just drop in. This program includes two practical drop-in sessions in both Georgina and East Gwillimbury, an in-person peer-to-peer session and a bonus Ask Me Anything with a marketing expert.
The program is open to entrepreneurs 18+ who reside in northern York Region, primarily in East Gwillimbury, Georgina, the Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nations and the surrounding area. For established business owners or first-time founders, this program is designed to provide entrepreneurs with what they need to start or refine an existing business.
About the workshop
Social Media for Small Business
Limited tickets are available, register for free: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/492885151757
Join Digital Main Street in Social Media for Small Business. Social media is an invaluable tool for today’s business, whether you are just starting out or have been established for years. Not understanding how to use social media effectively can leave you overwhelmed and ultimately hurt your bottom line as your potential customers can easily find your competitors. This workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad will leave you with a better understanding of how to leverage the power of social media to grow your online community, drive sales and reduce marketing costs.
What you will learn:
• How to choose the right social media platform(s) for your business
• How to set up and optimize social media profiles
• The basics of Instagram and Facebook shopping and how to utilize shoppable feeds
• Best practices for engagement on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest
• Growing your social media community using both organic and paid strategies
• Planning and curating your social media content
• Tools for managing platforms and scheduling posts to save you time and energy
Join us to learn the ropes of building an engaging and profitable social media presence for your business.
About the speaker
Digital Main Street assists main street businesses in connecting to and adopting the right digital tools and technologies to help them grow and compete. Want to learn more? Visit digitalmainstreet.ca.