Digital Skills for Business
This program is a free-of-charge educational workshop series that focuses on building the presence of your business online. This series will cover topics like social media, digital marketing, e-commerce, and using tools like Facebook Meta, Google Ads and Google Analytics.
Need help applying your new digital skills for your business? Just drop in. This program includes two practical drop-in sessions in both Georgina and East Gwillimbury, an in-person peer-to-peer session and a bonus Ask Me Anything with a marketing expert.
The program is open to entrepreneurs 18+ who reside in northern York Region, primarily in East Gwillimbury, Georgina, the Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nations and the surrounding area. For established business owners or first-time founders, this program is designed to provide entrepreneurs with what they need to start or refine an existing business.
About the workshop
Web Presence 101 - Ensuring Your Foundation is Set
Join Digital Main Street in Web Presence 101. Your customers are on the web. Having a strategy for your online presence allows you to market your small business online so customers can easily find you. In this workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad we’ll discuss the importance of getting your business online and where to start with developing your online presence.
What you will learn:
- What is web presence and what platforms you can use to set up your website
- How to create a professionally designed, responsive website for your business
- How to optimize website content to improve your search engine ranking (SEO)
- Setting up your Google My Business listing and other online directories
- Getting started with social media
- How email marketing can grow your business and encourage repeat customers
- Developing a cohesive brand voice online