Take part in our Snow Place Like Home Community Challenge.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Build a snowperson
- Snap a photo
- Submit your entry for a chance to win awesome prizes
Prizes include a $100 gift card to your favourite business in Georgina or $50 and $25 Tim Hortons gift cards!
Submit your entry in one of 3 categories: Traditional Snowperson, Most Creative Snow Person, Business Snowperson.
Consider promoting your local business in our business category by building a snowperson at your location, in front of your location, on the sidewalk, or wherever you have room! Make sure to include your logo. Your snowperson could represent what your business offers, like a snowperson with a takeout container or wearing a suit and tie. The possibilities are endless!
All original art submitted, whether determined to be a winning entry or not, will become the property of the Town of Georgina. The original artwork, winning entry or not, may be used for reproduction and be displayed at the Civic Centre or other Town locations, or in the Town’s promotional materials (print and social media), without ongoing photo credit to the submitting party. All copyright is transferred to the Town of Georgina. Thank you for contributing to our photo collection to help showcase our beautiful community.
Snow Place Like Home Community Challenge Guidelines, rules and conditions
- This contest is open to all residents of Georgina.
- There will be winners in three categories: Traditional Snowperson, Most Creative Snowperson, Business Snowperson
- Prizes to be awarded;. 1st Place - $100 Gift Card to a local business of the winner’s choice, 2nd Place - $50 Tim Hortons Gift Card, 3rd – 7th Place - $25 Tim Hortons Gift Card
- The photo must be taken within Georgina.
- Photo content should support a Healthy/Active Lifestyle and must be appropriate in nature. Photos should be free of alcohol, tobacco products, illegal or illicit drugs, or otherwise offensive content.
- Staff have the right to disqualify any photo that does not fall within the guidelines above or meet the contest criteria.
- All photo contest entries, winners and non-winners, may be used on the Town’s greeting cards, social media, advertising and town publications as needed, without ongoing photo credit to the submitting party. All copyright is transferred to the Town of Georgina.
- Limit one entry per person.
- The submitted photo cannot have been previously submitted in a contest of any kind and must be an original photo.
- Ensure the image is in high resolution (300 DPI or higher).
- The winning entrant must agree to allow:
- Their name to appear in promotions for the result of the contest.
- Their photo to become the property of the Town of Georgina. All copyright is transferred to the Town of Georgina.
- All photos are to be pre-judged by a panel.
- Georgina will not be held responsible for loss or damage to photos submitted.
- Town of Georgina employees and immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- Deadline for submission is Feb 21st, 2021 at 11:59PM