As the Region of York enters the RED Control Classification Response Level and the Town prepares to host a York Region Static Vaccination Clinic, the re-opening of municipal recreation facilities and programs are currently being reviewed for the potential for a phased in re-open of various sites. No timelines have been determined or established at this time. For more information visit georgina.ca/COVID-19
Georgina Ice Palace
90 Wexford Rd, Keswick
Located in the heart of Keswick, the Georgina Ice Palace offers two skating rinks. The Blue Pad can accomodate a seating of 976, whereas the Green Pad can accommodate a seating of 475.
New safety procedures and protocols have been put in place. We ask all patrons to familiarize themselves with the new protocols as the rules have changed and will be enforced.
- Masks must be worn inside the facility at all time. The mask can only be removed when participating in the recreational activity.
- The facility will operate at a reduced capacity limit (i.e. ice pads, hall etc)
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained at all times
- Complete a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to entering the facility, if you answer yes to any of the questions, please stay home.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entry of the building.
- Permit holders and participants will be permitted to enter the building 15 minutes prior to their rental/program/activity.
- Permit holders and participants must exit within 15 minutes after the completion of their rental/program/activity.
- Registration/permit is required for all entry into the facility (i.e. hockey, figure skating, etc).
- No spectators will be permitted into the facility at this point in time.
- Arena users will enter onto the ice by using the designated entrance and exit.
- Note - sport organizations will be following their own provincial sport return to play protocols in addition to the municipal protocol.
Please visit our Recreation Skating page for a list of current skating schedule and programs.
Georgina Sutton Arena - currently closed until further notice due to COVID-19
48 Hawkins St., Sutton
Located near the Sutton Fairgrounds, the Sutton arena has one skating rink with a seating capacity of 250.
Pefferlaw Ice Pad
38 Pete’s Lane, Pefferlaw
Our outdoor skating facility is located in Pefferlaw. This is a 80 x 180 ft. open air facility with hockey boards. This is an unsupervised ice pad; use at own risk.
Please visit our Recreation Skating page for the daily and holiday schedules.
Thanks to funding support from the federal government - Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program, the Pefferlaw Ice Pad has a new roof.
The ROC Rink - closed for the season
26479 Civic Centre Rd., Keswick
Located just outside the ROC Chalet, the outdoor rink is typically open in the winter (weather permitting). Please visit the Georgina ROC website for up-to-date availability and skating schedule.