Welcome to Run. Jump. Play. Every Day!
Georgina’s launch event held on January 10, 2016 offered kids a healthy, free breakfast before leading them in a Get up and Move dance activity with DJ PeeZee and a chance to try out snowboarding indoors! A preview of the capability of the brand new ROC Cub Club Mini Snowboard Park!
Join us as we Run, Jump and Play Every Day through our exciting Physical Activity initiatives!
- Cub Club Mini Snowboard Park
- The ROC Cub Club Mini Snowboard Park is an outdoor snowboard playground! Access to the park and equipment are free! (Seasonal)
- Cub Club Physical Activity Program
The Cub Club Physical Activity Program is a series of stations that focus on fundamental movement skills related to snowboarding like stance, balance, turning and freestyle. Participants will learn and practice these skills through interactive games and activities in an independent environment with their peers. The activities are designed to build core strength, balance, coordination and gross motor muscle development. The program is geared for school aged children, however there is no real age limit for the equipment available and the fun to be had! Borrow the program and equipment kit for free! Email email@example.com for more information.
- 60 Minute Kids Club (60MKC) Healthy Habit Tracker Challenge:
- A fun way for kids to learn about healthy habits, to gain a better understanding of their own healthy habits and make changes that positively influence their health. To find out more or sign up for a Challenge check out http://60minkidsclub.org/
a. Winter Challenge, February 2016:
- Local groups from the Town of Georgina's After School Programs, Jericho Youth Services After School Programs and Waabgon Gamig First Nation School participated.
- The Town of Georgina's Drop Zone came out on top as the "Healthiest Program" in the HKCC Georgina group! They won a physical activity prize pack from Healthy Kids.
- Healthy Kids Community Challenge placed 3rd overall (out of 51 districts) in Canada for participation in the 2016 Winter Healthy Habits Tracker Challenge with 60MKC! We celebrated the success of all kids who participated with fruit and veggie kebob parties and swag giveaways for everyone!
b. Spring Challenge, May 2016:
- 13 out of 15 schools in Georgina particpated in the 60 Minute Kids Club Healthy Habit Spring Challenge in May 2016.
- Each participating school received a Healthy Kids Community Challenge Recess Kit which included a variety of outdoor physical activity equipment and a handy rolling cart to carry it all in!
- Congratulations to Prince of Peace C.E.S. for winning the 60 Minute Kids Club Healthy Habit Tracker Spring Challenge 2016! For their amazing efforts Healthy Kids Community Challenge hosted a Physical Activity Play Day at their school on Friday, June 24, 2016.
- 60 Minute Kids Club
- Healthy Kids Physical Activity Conference - April 22, 2016
- Every school in Georgina attended the Healthy Kids Physical Activity Conference on April 22, 2016. The purpose of the Conference was to promote Physical Literacy, Fundamental Movement Skill Development and Play-Based Learning for teachers and students.
- Healthy Kids Community Challenge Georgina (HKCC) launched a youth-focused photo contest on Facebook for the month of June (June 1 to June 30 inclusive). The contest was open to all Georgina residents.
- The HKCC challenged residents to submit their photos showing how they get active.
- To view more about the contest and see the winning photos click the Healthy Kids Photo Contest link above.
- Healthy Kids Roadshow (Georgina Events)
SNOFEST, The ROC - February 6, 2016
- Presented DJ PeeZee and the Healthy Kids Dance Crew
- Grand opening of the Cub Club Mini Snowboard Park at The ROC
- Healthy Kids Hockey Shoot Out Activity!
Slopestyle Competition, The ROC - March 5, 2016, 2016
- Provided the 32 competing athletes with a Healthy Kids Nutrition Station (lunch, snacks and refreshements)
Spring Into Wellness Event, Black River P.S. - March 29, 2016
- Featured our brand new Cub Club Physical Activity Program!
CAPC/ABC Free Lunch Party - May 5, 2016
- Sharing Healthy Kids info with parents and community organizations
- Thanks to everyone who stopped by the table and shared their input and ideas!
Georgina Home and Lifestyle Show - May 6, 7, 8, 2016
- Congratulations to Teresa Boudreau who won a free week of Summer Camp with the Town of Georgina!
- Healthy Kids gave out over 100 freee Public Swim passes to Georgina Leisure Pool!
- Many of you tried out some of the Healthy Kids Cub Club Physical Activity Program. Indoor snowboarding is fun!
- Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth and shared their input and ideas!
Youth-A-Polooza - June 4, 2016
- Congratualtions to Ava Anthony who won a free week of Summer Camp with the Town of Georgina!
- Celebrating YOUth on National Health and Fitness Day!
Keswick P.S. Family Fun Night - June 10, 2016
- Congratulations to Richard Booth who won a free week of Summer Camp with the Town of Georgina!
Canada Day Celebration - July 1, 2016
- Wrapping up Healhty Kids Community Challenge Theme 1 - "Run, Jump, Play, Everyday!" and celebrating the start of Theme 2 - "Water Does Wonders!"