York Region, including the Town of Georgina, entered the restrict classification level within the new tiered COVID-19 response framework as of Nov. 7, 2020.
The Government of Ontario released its COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open to ensure public health measures are targeted, incremental and responsive.
As a result, the Town will resume and/or continue offering the following programs and activities with protocols and safety measures in place:
- All recreational and cultural programs including in-person fitness classes
- All aquatic programming and private/adapted swim lessons
- Virtual recreation programs and events
- Outdoor in-person recreation programs
- Permits for indoor and outdoor sports
- Team or individual sports (physical contact must be avoided)
- Facility permits (e.g. meetings)
For the full listing of all available recreational programs, visit georgina.ca/recreation.
The total number of people for all continuing activities and rentals cannot exceed 50 (indoors) and 100 (outdoors). Recreational programs will be limited to 10 per room indoors and 25 outdoors. These limits may be lower in areas where two metres physical distancing (three metres for fitness classes) can’t be maintained. The Town will continue to collaborate with facility user groups to ensure protocols and current practices are reflective of the latest framework.