The installation of plumbing is regulated by Part 7 of the Ontario Building Code and Town of Georgina Building By-law. Before any plumbing work starts a permit must be obtained.
- A plumbing permit is required for all new installations of plumbing and the replacement of any part of an existing plumbing system
- Mechanical work on all buildings includes work on heating and ventilation systems, including bath vents and woodstoves
- No part of an installation may be covered until an inspection is done and approved by the inspector
What projects require a permit?
- The construction of plumbing in a new building
- The construction of new plumbing in an existing building
- The alteration of existing plumbing
- The repair or replacement of existing plumbing except for minor repairs of existing fixtures
- Installation or alteration of any part of a heating system that must be vented into a chimney
- Installation of a woodstove, fireplace insert, pellet stove and related chimney and venting
- Installation of bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans, dryer exhausts and other appliances that are required to be vented
Building Permit Application Requirements
- Application for a Permit to Construct or Demolish, including Schedule 1 - Designer Information
- 2 Copies of Complete floor plans
- 2 Copies of plumbing/HVAC drawing. Contact the Building Division by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding required designs
- Heat Loss Calculations
- Mechanical Ventilation Summary
- Energy Efficiency Summary
- Letter of Authorization signed by owner (if applicable)
- Permit fee for water services and sewers (Permit fee-$80 per 90ft of trench)
- Permit fee for plumbing fixtures-$21/fixture
- Permit fee for replacement HVAC $243. Contact the Building Division by email at email@example.com for additional information regarding fees.