Do I need a Pool Enclosure Permit?
Watch the Town's "Do I need a Pool Enclosure Permit" video for more information as to what needs to be considered when it comes to pool enclosures in Georgina.
Spas and hot tubs with a locked cover that will support a weight of at least 27.2 kg (60 pounds) are not required to be enclosed by a pool enclosure and does not require a pool enclosure permit prior to its installation and use. The owner of a spa or hot tub must keep the cover closed and locked at all times when it is not being used. Spas and hot tubs that do not have the require cover require a permit to construct a pool enclosure.
All swimming pools, spas and hot tubs must comply with setback distances from buildings and property lines in accordance with the Zoning By-law.
Make sure you can install your proposed swimming pool, spa or hot tub by consulting:
- Town of Georgina, Zoning By-law and the Pool Enclosure By-law
- After you review the Zoning By-law, if you have any questions please contact the Building Division by email or phone at 905-476-4301 ext 3007.
- Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
- Development Engineering approvals:
- A Site Alteration Permit is required for most swimming pools and where grading works are being proposed
When applying for a Pool Enlosure Permit, we require:
- Complete a Pool Enclsosure Permit Application
- A site plans, showing:
- the proposed location of the pool, spa and hot tub
- distances to the house, accessory structures and property lines
- dimensions of the swimming pool, spa and hot tub
- location of pump and filter
- Details of fence enclosure and self-closing/latching gate(s)
- Swimming Pool Site Alteration and Entrance Permit from the Development Engineering Division where site grading works are required or proposed
- All in-ground pools require a site alteration permit
- Other pools may require a site alteration permit if grading works are proposed
- Lake Simcore Region Conservation Authority approval (If applicable)
If you have any issues or questions regarding the Pool Enclosure Permit Application please contact the Building Division by email or phone at 905-476-4301 ext 3007.
Permit fees for Pool Enclosure Permit only (Site Alteration Permit fees are separate):
- In-ground pool $150
- Above-ground Pool $100
- On-ground Pool (Seasonal temporary) $50
Credit card through the online application
The Town of Georgina has partnered with Stripe, a third-party service provider, to bring you the convenience of paying online. This service fee is 2.9 percent plus 30 cents per transaction and must be paid by the applicant.
Through Service Georgina
To process your payment, please visit the Civic Centre at 26557 Civic Centre Rd. Keswick, Ontario L4P 3G1, or email Service Georgina or call 905-476-4301 ext. 3005. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.