Name That Street
The Town of Georgina is requesting the assistance of the public in providing potential names to be considered for the naming of new streets. As the Town grows, various new streets will be constructed requiring names approved by Town Council and York Region. Should you wish to submit a name for consideration, the suggested name should portray a strong positive image and have personal, historical, cultural, aboriginal, or social significance or contributions to the Town of Georgina.
How Do You Get A Name Considered?
- Suggest a name: Write a letter or email identifying the suggested name(s), and provide a written explanation of the personal, historical, cultural, aboriginal, or social significance or contributions associated with the Town of Georgina for each name suggested.
- Obtain constent: If the suggested name is in honour of an individual, event, or an organization, written documentation must be included providing consent from the nominee, the nominee’s family or estate if the individual is deceased, or the named party’s representative. Include the name, signature and contact information for the nominee or named party.
- Send it in: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Velvet Ross, manager, Planning Division
Development Services Department
Town of Georgina, 26557 Civic Centre Rd., Keswick, ON L4P 3G1
- Deadline: All submissions must be received by June 30, 2019.
- What's next: All names will be reviewed pursuant to the street naming policies of the Town of Georgina and York Region, to ensure there is no duplication, whether it sounds similar to existing or approved street names, is difficult to spell, or difficult to pronounce in an emergency situation.
- Please note: There will be no monetary or other form of compensation nor recognition provided for suggested names.
Street naming is a Council approved process and is part of the subdivision approval of a development.
Special application can be made to recognize a person who has contributed to the history of Georgina or you feel should be honored because of a deed. Your submissions are welcome.
Requests are considered by the Planning Division. Email to: email@example.com