Town introduces Stay Strong Georgina campaign
The Stay Strong Georgina campaign will serve to connect the community by bringing people together and keeping them apart at the same time. As it moves forward, new activities and programs will be introduced to keep the community engaged. Now let’s get started by spreading the smiles!
Kindness is always present in the Town of Georgina. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been many examples of residents and businesses showing good will in the community. Let's pay it forward! If you have experienced an act of kindness which brought a smile to your face during this unprecedented time, the Town wants to hear from you! Share your story and help spread the smiles. Post your story on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #StayStrongGeorgina and tag the Town @TownofGeorgina. Not on social media? Email your story and photo to email@example.com.
Looking for fun activities to keep you and your family engaged while practising social distancing and self-isolating? Our team will continue to add new activities such as games, workout tips and craft ideas to this webpage. Give it a try.
Stay safe and healthy! Visit georgina.ca/RecreationAtHome to participate.
Georgina Fire and Rescue Services, along with Stay Strong Georgina campaign, brings you another great program - Chalk one up for fire safety! Special thank you to Canadian Tire for the generous donation of chalk to help make this program possible. Be sure to share your awesome chalk creations using #staystronggeorgina #GeorginaFirePrevention #Chalkoneupforfiresafety #GeorginaFire
How to Participate
- First-come-first-serve basis
- Sign up by May 10, 2020 by emailing Kailee at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.
- Packages will be delivered via a porch drop off during the week of May 11, 2020.
- We ask that you respect social distancing and give us a friendly wave from the window.
- Once your chalk fire safety messages and art is complete, email a picture to email@example.com to be entered to win a pizza dinner for the family.
- Submissions will be accepted until Monday June 15, 2020
Lift Spirits with Love!
Let’s send our friends at River Glen Haven Nursing Home some much needed love and support during these difficult times.
We are collecting uplifting messages for residents and staff and we want to include yours. Send us a picture or a 10 to 15 second video showing your love and support to the seniors and/or shout out to the frontline workers.
Once we have collected the messages, we will share them on the televisions located on each floor in River Glen Haven for all to enjoy!
Together we will get through this!
How to Participate
- Submit your photo or 10 to 15 second video by June 3, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video submission should be 10 to 15 seconds and under 10mb in size.
- Picture submission can be a jpg or pdf file format, landscape, 300 dpi and less than 5mb in size.
Celebrating a birthday or anniversary?
The ROC, along with Stay Strong Georgina want to celebrate with you!
Just send us your picture two weeks in advance of your celebration along with the name of the person celebrating, age on birthday and celebration date and we’ll share it on the ROC Facebook page.
Although we cannot guarantee your submissions will make it online due to the high volume of entries, all of your celebrations are important to us and we thank you for sharing your special moments.
Visit georgina.ca/celebrations to submit your celebration.