Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina invites community members to sit on the Georgina Safe Streets Committee (GSSAC). The role of the GSSAC is to consult with the community and to provide information, advice and assistance to the community and Town Council relating to the Georgina Safe Streets Program. Further to assist and provide advice to Town Council in their on-going commitment to the efficient traffic flow of its residents through safe, well-planned and engineered streets as well as the implementation of the Town’s Traffic Calming Policy.
Terms of Reference
The Committee’s Terms of Reference outlines the purpose and membership responsibility.
The GSSC consists of a maximum of 7 members including 1 member of Council, 1 York Regional Police, 5 citizens (one from each ward).
Current GSSC Members
- Councillor Mike Waddington, Chair
- Robyn Gibson, Vice Chair
- Cathy Hasted
- Patrick Devine
- Gwendolyn Ward
- Stephanie Robinson
- Malcolm MacPherson, York Regional Police Representative
The GSSC meets a maximum of 8 times a year in the Civic Centre Council Chambers.
- GSSC meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For assistance and information please contact the Committee Services Coordinator by email at email@example.com or telephone at 905-476-4301.
Agendas and Minutes
|Terms of Reference||427.02 KB|