Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Cooke’s Cemetery Board (CCB).
The Cooke’s Cemetery Board is the body that governs the operation of the Cooke’s Cemetery, located at 272 Pefferlaw Road in Pefferlaw, Ontario, in accordance with the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002.
- has complete control and management of the land, buildings, plantings, roads, utilities, books and records of the cemetery
- also has complete authority to administer its own , which have been adopted for the improvement and upkeep of the cemetery
- has the power to enter into and inspect the cemetery and its condition, to ensure that the cemetery is properly fenced, kept clear of weeds and otherwise cared for in a proper manner
Terms of Reference
The Board’soutlines the purpose, general activities and membership responsibility.
The CCB consists of a maximum of five members including one member of Council and up to four (4) citizens with expertise respecting the administration of by-laws in order to ensure the maintenance and improvements necessary for a respectful cemetery.
The length of term for a person appointed to the CCB shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current CCB Members
- Councillor, Dave Harding
- Jane Clyde
- Sandra James
- Gail Moore
- Greg Forrest
The CCB meets periodically throughout the year, as necessary.
- CCB meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For assistance and information please contact Sandra Dipietrantonio by email at email@example.com" href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or telephone at 905-476-4301 Ext. 2216.
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the CCB Agendas and Minutes web-page.