Each term of office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Keswick Cemetery Board (KCB).
The KCB is the body that governs the operation of the Keswick Cemetery, located at 565 Varney Rd. in Keswick, in accordance with the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002.
- Has complete control and management of the land, buildings, plantings, roads, utilities, books and records of the cemetery
- Has the authority to administer its own By-law, which has been adopted for the improvement and upkeep of the cemetery
- Has the power to enter into, and inspect, the cemetery and its condition, to ensure that the cemetery is properly fenced, kept clear of weeds and otherwise cared for in a proper manner
- Works closely with the Town’s Recreation and Culture Department and its contractor for the purposes of selling cemetery plots
Terms of reference
The boards terms of reference provide the purpose, general activities and membership responsibiity of the KCB.
The KCB consists of a maximum of five members, including one member of Council with expertise respecting the administration of by-laws in order to ensure the maintenance and improvements necessary for a respectful cemetery.
The length of term for a person appointed to the KCB shall be for the Council Term of Office.
Current KCB members
- Regional Councillor, Robert Grossi
- Susan Wain, Chair
- Susan Williams, Vice Chair
- Mary Finlayson
- Andre Arndt
The KCB meets periodically throughout the year, as necessary, in the Civic Centre Council Chambers.
- KCB meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the committee.
- The location is wheelchair accessible.
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For assistance and information please contact Sandra Dipietrantonio at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 905-476-4301, ext. 2216.
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the KCB Agendas and Minutes webpage.