The Cooke's Cemetery Board is responsible for the administration of Town-owned cemeteries on behalf of the Council.
The board's Terms of Reference provide the purpose, general activities and membership responsibility of the Cooke's Cemetery Board.
Membership consists of one member of Council and four citizen appointments:
- Councillor, Dave Harding
- Jane Clyde
- Sandra James
- Gail Moore
- Greg Forrest
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the CCB Agendas and Minutes.
The Cooke's Cemetery Board meets periodically throughout the year.
- CCB meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee.
- Meetings are conducted following the Town of Georgina's Procedural By-law.
For assistance and information, please contact the Committee Services Coordinator by email or phone at 905-476-4301.
Cooke's Cemetery Board Goals:
- Oversee and manage the land, buildings, plantings, roads, utilities, books and records of the cemetery
- Administer Cooke's Cemetery Board By-laws, which have been adopted for the improvement and upkeep of the cemetery
- Power to enter into and inspect the cemetery and its condition, to ensure that the cemetery is fenced correctly, kept clear of weeds and otherwise cared for in a proper manner