Entrepreneurship in Georgina
- Free one-on-one consultation with a business professional
- A defined roadmap aligned to your unique needs
- Access to additional support or mentorship via an ecosystem of volunteers through the local ecosystem of resources
YSpace Georgina Mural Wall Contest
- Entries are limited to two entries per person/team.
- Artists must be residents of the Town of Georgina or Georgina Island.
- One entry will be selected for the wall mural project.
- Jurors will mark submissions based on the judging criteria shown in Appendix B.
- The jury selection process is anonymous. Artists including their name in the title of the work will be disqualified.
- Only selected submissions will be notified.
- The Town of Georgina will have reproduction rights to the winning submissions.
- The participant/artist(s) retains sole copyright to his/her original artwork.
- Town of Georgina employees and family members are not eligible for this project.
- Compliance with the competition requirements, objectives, and theme.
- Professionalism in the presentation of materials.
- No offensive imagery or word usage is permitted.
- Confidence that creativity, quality, and style demonstrated in portfolio materials and preliminary design concepts will translate into the development of a high-quality final mural design.
- The authenticity of the original design or content being submitted.
- A complete submission package includes the following documentation:
- Artist declaration: use the form provided below.
- Mural design cost breakdown: this should include the cost of all materials, the artist fee for producing the mural wall, and the timeline needed to complete the work.
- Artist statement (1000 word maximum): a written description of how living in Georgina inspires the artist's work.
- Up to two digital submissions or the artist's work can be considered for the project.
- Design submissions can be produced using acrylic paint, pencil, marker, pen, crayon, watercolor or digital drawing.
- The final mural design must be completed in one of the following mediums: interior wall paint, vinyl wall sticker, or interior spray paint.
- Art must be clearly visible and legible under low light or when viewed from a distance.
- The final mural wall design must be the following dimensions: (8ft high x 12.10 ft wide)
- By submitting artwork for consideration for the YSpace Georgina mural wall project, the artist warrants and represents that are the owner of the artwork, and the artist hereby grants to the Town of Georgina the right to use the art for the designated purpose of the YSpace Georgina wall mural project. The Town of Georgina will have the right to use digital images of the mural wall in all forms of media and communications to promote the Town of Georgina.
- The Town of Georgina has the right to remove any artwork for any reason at any time.
Appendix A - Wall Mural Specifications
Submissions connection to the Entrepreneurship theme
Overall aesthetic of the submission
|Submission meets guidelines outlined in the program||/30|
This should include the inspiration for your chosen images and design, and/or a testimonial about your project. “How does living in Georgina inspire your art?”