Why you should choose Georgina for your next investment
Georgina offers lakeside living in close proximity to Toronto - a perfect pairing of cottage country “feel” and urban convenience. The Town is poised for growth over the next few years and trusts it will be an exciting and prosperous time to do business in Georgina. We work closely with the Georgina Chamber of Commerce, local business associations and regional organizations to offer business resources, support and networking opportunities. Discover the top six reasons why local businesses and investors are choosing Georgina to start or expand their next business venture.
Explore Georgina's business climate through our interactive dashboard tool
What is the Town of Georgina doing to facilitate economic growth?
Georgina is dedicated to facilitating local economic growth and prosperity and to ensuring that the infrastructure and development policies are in place to provide for a healthy community which meets the social, economic and cultural needs of the residents and business owners.
- Offers Community Improvement Plan Grant Program to support Façade, Heritage, Accessibility and Landscape enhancements in Business Improvement Areas (BIA’s).
- Encourages development with the Development Application Fee Rebate Program.
- Provides Economic Development and Community Betterment Grants for local festival/event organizers.
- Provide support for your expansion plans and schedules one-on-one business consultations, if required.
- Supports investors wishing to locate in Georgina, including assistance with site selection.
- Provides support and assistance to the BIA’s with respect to marketing efforts, events and beautification projects.
- Promotes investment and tourism opportunities through online and traditional marketing initiatives.
- Offers Ribbon Cutting Program in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Hosts workshops and training programs to support local businesses and workforce developments.
- Referrals to community agencies that provide training, funding and business services.
Economic Development and Tourism projects:
- Town of Georgina Wayfinding and Community Signage.
- Town of Georgina Street Banner Program.
- Annual Discover Georgina guide, bi-weekly e-newsletters and semi-annual print newsletters.
- Tourism promotion at various trade shows. Advertisement of Georgina’s events and attractions in tourism publications.
- Partnership development with York Small Business Enterprise Centre (YSBEC), Georgina Chamber of Commerce, York Region Arts Council (YRAC), BIA’s and Central Counties Tourism.
- Partner with York Region initiative’s (Broadband Strategy & Connect to Innovate, York Region Agriculture and Agri-Food Sector Strategy).
- Promotion of Georgina’s Lake Simcoe shoreline and navigable waterways.
- Support of the Georgina Farmer’s Market, Agriculture and Agri-tourism.
- Downtown Revitalization initiatives.
Economic Development and Tourism office: 905-476-4301 l email@example.com