The Town of Georgina has many Committees and Local Boards, which help contribute to the betterment of our community and positively impact the residents and visitors of Georgina.
All Advisory Committees, which Members are appointed by Council, are being held virtually at this time.
You can access more information about each Committee and Board in their respective pages below.
Please refer to the Advisory Committee Handbook for specific Terms of Reference pertaining to the Town of Georgina’s Committees and Local Boards.
Committees and Local Boards
- Committee of Adjustment
- Cooke's Cemetery Board
- Fence Viewers
- Georgina Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Georgina Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Georgina Appeals Committee
- Georgina Economic Development Committee
- Georgina Environmental Advisory Committee
- Georgina Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee
- Georgina Heritage Advisory Committee
- Georgina Safe and Active Transportation Advisory Committee
- Livestock Valuers
- Keswick Cemetery Board
Business Improvement Areas
- Jackson's Point Village Association (BIA)
- Sutton Business Improvement Association (BIA)
- Uptown Keswick Business Improvement Association (BIA)
Applying for a seat on a Committee
The application period is currently closed for the Town's Committees and Local Boards.
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Council wishes to thank all interested applicants for taking the time to apply for the Town's various Advisory Committees and Local Boards. All applications received are currently under review with Council. Successful applicants will be appointed for the 2022-2026 Term of Council. All Advisory Committees, which Members are appointed by Council, are being held virtually at this time.
Should a vacancy arise on any of the Town's Committees or Local Boards, you can apply to be considered for a vacant seat by submitting a Committee and Board Application Form. The information on the application form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for the purpose of making appointments.
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Town of Georgina’s Procedure Bylaw.
- To review the Agendas and Minutes for any of our Committees or Local Boards, visit our Meeting Calendar.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee.
- Any questions regarding the Town of Georgina's Committees and Local Boards may be directed to the Town of Georgina's Committee Services Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by phone at (905) 476-4301 ext. 2377.