The Town of Georgina provides access to records through Freedom of Information (FOI) process outlined by the province's Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA/ Act).
The Act contributes to the transparency of government while ensuring individual rights to privacy.
How to submit a Request for Records
The Office of the Clerk
Town of Georgina
26557 Civic Centre Road
Keswick, ON L4P 3G1
- Complete the
- Submit an authorization letter (if the request is on behalf of the owner)
- E-mail the completed request form to the Town Clerk at email@example.com or mail the request to the Office of the Town Clerk:
- A $5 application fee must accompany your request, payable to "The Town of Georgina.
- Contact Clerks Service Coordinator at 905-476-4301 Ext. 2248 to make a payment using Visa or Master Card.
- The Clerks Service Coordinator will process your payment.
- Staff will review the request to retrieve all related records.
- Within 30 calender days you will receive a written decision. This may include a cost to reproduce the records.
- Once payment is received, Staff will send the responsive records and conclude the request.
When an FOI request requires time to assemble the records for the request, the Act provides for the application of fees in addition to the $5.00 application fee.
- All cheques must be made payable to The Town of Georgina.
- If the cost to prepare a request is over $25.00 the requestor may be given a fee estimate before completing the request.
Search time / record preparation charges
A charge may be applied for every fifteen (15) minutes of manual search time needed to locate a record and/or the time involved in physically severing exempt material in preparation for disclosure
$7.50 per 15 minutes per person
$0.20 per page
Large document - $5.00 per page
Shipping charges such as postage or courier can be applied.
Appeal to The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
If you decide to appeal a decision, please contact The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario with:
- The number assigned to your request;
- A copy of the decision letter; and,
- A copy of the original request sent to the Town of Georgina.
Appeals to the Commissioner must be accompanied with the appropriate fees:
- $25 if the person appealing has made a request for access to general records under subsection 17(1);
- $10 if the person appealing has made a request for access to personal records under subsection 34(1); and,
- $10 if the person appealing has made a request for correction of personal information under subsection 36(2).
For more information, visit the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario: IPC