Planning and Development

Construction site with machines

When do I need to involve Development Planning?

Developing and improving your property may involve the Planning Department. But when? The following circumstances will require our help:

  • You would like to create two lots from your single lot;
  • You would like to renovate your home but the addition is too close to your property line;
  • You would like to construct a multi-family development and your property is located in a development permitted area;
  • You would like to know what the Town foresees for future land use in the Town of Georgina;
  • You are wondering if services are being planned for your area; and/or
  • You want to know what Development Charges are applied to your application.

Land use development approval

Land use development approval may include the following:

  • Minor Variance Permits
  • Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT)
  • Part Lot Control Approval
  • Pre-Consultation
  • Radiocommunication / Telecommunication Tower Siting
  • Source Water Protection
  • Street Naming
  • Municipal Address System 

Proposed developments

Public interest and participation is welcomed when development applications are being considered.  Learn more about proposed development in the chart below. If you would like to receive notices of upcoming meetings for a development application you are interested in, please submit a Request to be Notified form to the Clerk's Division. You may provide comments on development applications through email

Contact Us

26557 Civic Centre Rd,
Keswick, ON  L4P 3G1

T: 905-476-4301 / 705-437-2210
F: 905-476-8100

Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.