The Town of Georgina offers a balanced urban and rural lifestyle. It is an ideal location close to major urban centres where residents can enjoy a number of amenities and recreation while having the opportunity to access higher education and employment in all sectors.
Find a job
For an up-to-date list of current jobs in and around the municipality, visit the Workforce Planning Board of York Region’s job board. It compiles postings from a number of online sites into one easy-to-navigate tool. For current opportunities at the Town of Georgina, visit our careers page.
Become job-ready in Georgina
To assist with your job search and become job-ready, there are a number of agencies close by that can help. Whether you need help with your resume, high school accreditation or skills development, support is available nearby.
- Job Skills provides employment, employer, business, and newcomer services and programs.
- The Learning Centre for Georgina offers a number of academic upgrading programs free of cost to Georgina’s residents.
- Georgina Trades Training Institute provides skills and certificates to find employment and/or move onto full apprenticeship programs.
There are a number of local and regional supports for entrepreneurs and established businesses in Georgina looking to hire and train employees. Refer to our business page for support or connect with us directly so we can direct you to the resource that can best assist.
Georgina’s labour market
Georgina has employment opportunities in a number of sectors and industries. In 2019, York Region’s Employment Survey reported the municipality has more than 8,000 jobs and a short commute to another half a million jobs in the region. To learn more and to access more resources, visit the Workforce Planning Board of York Region.
York Region 2019 Employment Survey Highlights
- Since 2009, the Town of Georgina has added approximately 1,500 jobs to its employment base.
- Between 2009-2019 the Educations Services sector posted the largest employment gain, adding just over 400 jobs.
- Arts, Entertainment and Recreation and Construction were the top growth sectors between 2018-2019, each increasing by 131 and 49 jobs respectively.
- Service-oriented jobs account for the majority of employment in the Town at 95 per cent.
- The Retail Trade (20 per cent), Accommodation and Food Services (16 per cent), and Educational Services (16 per cent) sectors account for the three largest shares of employment.
- Since 2009, full-time employment in Georgina has grown by almost 800 jobs and accounted for 58 per cent of the Town’s employment in 2019.
- The share of part-time employment decreased from 33 per cent in 2009 to 28 per cent in 2019 while the share of contract/seasonal/temporary workers grew from 9 per cent to 14 per cent.
- The number of surveyed businesses has grown by 11 per cent or approximately 70 businesses since 2009.
- Small firms comprise the largest share of businesses in Georgina, accounting for 89 per cent of businesses in 2019.
- The number of large businesses accounts for a 2 per cent share of the Town’s businesses.
Discover why Georgina is a great place to work:
- Learn more about Georgina’s economic statistics.
- Explore our community.
- Read business and tourism news in Georgina.
- Access business resources and support programs in our community.
Need more information? Connect with the Town of Georgina's Economic Development and Tourism office.