Choosing where to invest is one of the most important “to-dos” when starting or expanding a business. Georgina is an up-and-coming location to do business. Here’s why:
- Within a one-hour drive on Highway 404 to urban centres.
- Some of the most affordable real estate and living costs in York Region and the Greater Toronto Area.
- Skilled and educated Workforce: A large percentage of educated and skilled workers reside within one hour of the municipality. More than 70 per cent of the Town’s workforce commutes beyond Georgina’s borders for employment.
- Incentive programs: The Town offers investment incentives and a Business Class Program that includes municipal staff support and expedited applications.
- A growing population: Georgina’s projected population is forecasted to be 71,900 by 2051.
If you have questions about opening or expanding a business or the support programs available through the Town of Georgina, connect with us. We are here to help businesses start-up, scale and pivot. When you connect, we will listen, lend advice and direct you to the necessary department or community business supports that you'll need to help your business thrive.
“Located just minutes from Highway 404, this location has easy access to the major transportation networks across the Greater Toronto Area. Together with the planned east-west transportation corridor situated just a few kilometres south of our new location in Georgina, Scott-Woods Transport will be well-positioned for future expansion and growth. In addition to the fantastic infrastructure the Georgina area provides, many of our employees already live in Northern York Region, including Georgina, making this a great location for the next phase of our business and a place that we are excited to call our new home,” said Mark Alden, owner and President of Scott-Woods Transport Inc.
Driving distance from Georgina to:
- Toronto International Airport: approx. 60 minutes
- Newmarket: approx. 25 minutes
- Markham: approx. 40 minutes
- Toronto: approx. 60 minutes
- Orillia: approx. 60 minutes
- Barrie: approx. 60 minutes
- Brampton: approx. one hour, 10 minutes
- Peterborough: approx. one hour, 30 minutes
Medium and large-sized employers in Georgina
- Walmart, 230 employees
- Riverglen Haven Nursing Home, 160 employees
- Zehrs Market, 140 employees
- McDonalds, 140 employees
- The Briars Resort Spa and Conference Centre, 131 employees
- Cedarvale Lodge, 130 employees
- Weller Tree Service Ltd., 116 employees
- Sobeys, 100 employees
- Canadian Tire Corporation, 80 employees
- Stock Transportation, 88 employees
- Brouwer Kesmac, 65 employees
- No Frills, 65 employees
- C.A. Sellers Cleaning Services, 51 employees
- Gincor Werx, 52 employees
- Buchner Manufacturing, 50 employees
Discover how your business can leverage the unique advantages Georgina offers:
- Find available properties and land for sale in Georgina.
- Learn about our Business Park.
- Access business resources and support programs in our community.
- Explore incentives that may be available to your business.