The Town of Georgina maintains an online calendar of events. To have an event considered for inclusion on the Town’s online calendar, the event must meet at least one of the following criteria and be submitted for consideration no less than 14 business days prior to the event.
The Town of Georgina reserves the right to refuse/decline posting an event or remove an event from the online calendar at any time, without notice.
Event submission criteria
- Events, public meetings, workshops, etc. hosted by the Town of Georgina
- Be organized and funded by another level of government and occur within Georgina
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board to benefit residents of Georgina and occur within Georgina
- Funded in full, or in part, by the Town of Georgina or sponsored by the Town of Georgina
- Organized by a registered charitable organization which operates within the Town of Georgina, or entire proceeds of the event go to a specific registered charity which operates within Georgina
- Organized and hosted by the Region of York to benefit Georgina residents and occurs within Georgina
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the Town of Georgina (must be not-for-profit and meet criteria listed above)
The Town will not publish events on the calendar if they:
- Are commercial in nature and advertise, promote or sell products or services
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene content of any kind
- Do not comply with municipal, provincial or federal legislation
- Are private events
- Are religious in nature and are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of a place of worship, or convey messages intending to express religious views, or is information relating to a place of worship
- Are deemed to be political in nature
- Are after the writ has been dropped for a federal or provincial election or after the first day of a municipal election year, excluding all candidate’s meetings
Note the following when completing the event request form:
- Events must include a specific date, location, start and end time
- The Town is under no obligation to share information about private events/activities occurring on Town property
- Complete contact information is required for consideration
- Recurring events can be added through this system
- Submitted events go through an approval process to help ensure the integrity of a listing before it is published
- This is only a request, if you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Helpful tips for your submission
- Try to keep your event name to less than 40 characters
- If your event takes place over multiple days, choose "Other date range" under the event duration dropdown below and then check the "all day" option and enter the start and end date. This will highlight your event at the top of the event calendar.
- If you include a location with a postal code, your event page will include a map directing people to your event location.
- Make sure you let people know where they can get more information or purchase tickets to your event.