Bag tag exemption
Effective Jan. 18, 2021, the Town is waiving the requirement for bag tags until further notice. The bag limit of five bags/items will remain in place.
Waste and Recycling
Georgina offers residential curbside collection for green bin organics, blue box recycling, garbage, appliance and bulky items, and seasonal yard waste collection.
- Green Bins are collected every week. There is no limit to the number of Green Bins that can be put out for collection.
- Blue Boxes are collected every week. There is also no limit to the number of Blue Boxes put out for collection.
- Garbage is collected every other week. One item does not require a garbage bag tag. Additional items, up to a maximum of four, require a garbage bag tag. The user pay garbage program allows each household one container/item to be set out without a tag and up to four more with paid tags to a maximum of five items.
Collection starts at 7 a.m. on each collection day. All items must be at the curb by 7 a.m. and no earlier than 8 p.m. the night before the collection day.
To find out what can be recycled in York Region and which bin to use, visit Garbage and Recycling in York Region.
To learn more about the Town's waste management program, refer to our
Purchasing recycling bins
Green bins, blue boxes and kitchen catchers are available for purchase at the Civic Centre for the following prices:
- Green Bin: $20
- Blue Bin: $7
- Kitchen Catcher: $5
Replacing damaged recycling bins
Broken green bins and blue boxes can be exchanged for new ones. Town-issued blue boxes and green bins will be replaced. Kitchen catchers are not replaced.
Residents can contact GFL and request a replacement bin to be delivered directly to their home. Delivery of the bins will take place on Tuesday or Wednesday regardless of your collection day. Please contact GFL at 1-866-421-5625 to arrange delivery.
Residents can also exchange broken bins at the following locations:
- Customer Service Division at the Civic Centre
- All three branches of Georgina Public Library -- Keswick, Peter Gzowski (Sutton) and/or Pefferlaw.