York Region, including the Town of Georgina, will enter the restrict classification level within the new tiered COVID-19 response framework as of Nov. 7, 2020. The Government of Ontario released its COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open to ensure public health measures are targeted, incremental and responsive.
As a result, the Town will resume and/or continue offering the following programs and activities with protocols and safety measures in place:
- All recreational programs including in-person fitness classes
- All aquatic programming and private/adapted swim lessons
- Virtual recreation programs and events
- Outdoor in-person recreation programs
- Permits for indoor and outdoor sports
- Team or individual sports (physical contact must be avoided)
- Facility permits (e.g. meetings)
For the full listing of all available recreational programs, visit georgina.ca/recreation.
The total number of people for all continuing activities and rentals cannot exceed 50 (indoors) and 100 (outdoors). Recreational programs will be limited to 10 per room indoors and 25 outdoors. These limits may be lower in areas where two metres physical distancing (three metres for fitness classes) can’t be maintained. The Town will continue to collaborate with facility user groups to ensure protocols and current practices are reflective of the latest framework.
How to register
There are two ways to register:
- Online – it’s fast and easy
- Telephone – 905-476-4301
Don’t have an account? Sign up for one today and take advantage of all the great programs and activities.
|Georgina Civic Centre
26557 Civic Centre Rd., Keswick
90 Wexford Dr., Keswick
|905-476-4423 Ext. 4410|
|Georgina Leisure Pool
5279 Black River Rd., Sutton
Program Refund Policy
- All requests for refunds or withdrawals must be submitted in writing to the Recreation and Culture Department for consideration. Written requests for aquatic leadership courses and day camps must be received in writing at least five business days prior to the program start date.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 administration fee ($35 administration fee for camp) per family per transaction or a credit will remain on the family account at no charge.
- Written requests for refunds and/or credits will not be issued after the class has started unless the request is for medical reasons only and will be prorated. Medical documentation is required.
- No refund will be issued if the written request is received after the program is ended.
- Where possible, transfers received prior to the start of the first class will be permitted only within the same session/season at no charge.
- All program dates and times are subject to change without notice. No refund/credits will be granted for rescheduled classes.
- Non-attendance by a participant does not constitute a notice of withdrawal from a class or program.
- All memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Replacement cards are $5.
- Programs cancelled by the Recreation and Culture Department will result in a full credit applied to account or transfer to another available class. Full refunds will be issued upon request by credit card or cheque and mailed to the address on the account within four to six weeks from the time of cancellation.
- A $40 charge will apply for returned NSF cheques. The Town reserves the right to cancel the registration or to revoke privileges until full payment is received.