Liquor Licences

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for administering the Liquor Licence Act which covers most aspects of Ontario’s beverage alcohol laws.

The AGCO is also responsible for administering Special Occasion Permits (SOP’s) for the sale and service of alcohol at events such as weddings, fundraisers, receptions, etc. 

Having a licensed event in Georgina?

Just follow these five easy steps:

  1. View facilities, availability and pricing by contacting Service Georginaat 905-476-4301 or email at
  2. Once you've booked your venue,  review, sign and return your permit to confirm the details of your booking(s).
  3. Visit to apply for a Special Occasion Permit to serve alcohol.
  4. Obtain your Party Alcohol Liability (PAL) insurance. You must provide alcohol liability insurance (min.$2,000,000) with the Town of Georgina listed as the additional insured. You can get insurance through PAL Insurance Brokers of Canada Ltd. by or contact your insurance provider.
  5. Provide your Smart Serve Bartender Information. You must provide one smart serve bartender for everyone 100 guests. Have your smart serve bartender complete the form that was provided at the time of booking. 

All documents and the remaining balance are due two weeks prior to your event.

Contact Us

26557 Civic Centre Rd,
Keswick, ON  L4P 3G1

T: 905-476-4301 / 705-437-2210
F: 905-476-8100

Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.