Business Licences

The Town of Georgina licenses, regulates and governs certain types of businesses operating within the Town for the purpose of public health and safety, consumer protection and nuisance prevention. 

We know how confusing it can be to get a business licence. To help simplify the process the Town offers the application process online through our online application portal.

Through this program you can apply for:

  • Adult Entertainment Facility
  • Adult Entertainment Parlour
  • Body Rub Parlour
  • Exhibitions and Festivals
  • Fireworks
  • Hawker & Pedlar
  • Horse Riding Establishment
  • Kennel
  • Refreshment Vehicle
  • Salvage Yard
  • Second-Hand Goods
  • Special Sales
  • Taxi
  • Urban Hens

Paying for a business licence

To pay your fees for any application supported by our online form portal, you can make payment through Credit Card online and through Service Georgina. 

Payment instructions

Credit card through the online application

The Town of Georgina has partnered with Stripe, a third-party service provider, to bring you the convenience of paying online. This service fee is 2.9 percent plus 30 cents per transaction and must be paid by the applicant.

Through Service Georgina

To process your payment, please visit the Civic Centre at 26557 Civic Centre Rd. Keswick, Ontario L4P 3G1, or email Service Georgina or call 905-476-4301 ext. 3005. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Licence Help

If you need help with your application process one of the Town's Licensing Coordinators can help you to make sure you fill out the application completely. The Town's Licensing Coordinators can be reached at 905-476-4301 for further information.

Licensed businesses in Georgina

If you have any questions regarding business licensing, please contact one of the Licensing Coordinators in the Clerk's office at 905-476-4301.

Events and Festivals

If you are hosting an event within the Town of Georgina, you can use the festival and event permit application as a planning resource.


Residents can set off fireworks without a licence only on Victoria Day and Canada Day. To set off fireworks on any other day, you will need a licence.

Learn more about firework safety.

Urban Farming

The Town of Georgina does allow residents to raise hens in an urban environment. For more information, check out the dedicated Urban Hens page.

Short-Term Rental Accommodations

Any short-term rental accommodation operating in the Town is required to be licensed.  For more information, check out the dedicated Short-term Rental Accommodation page.

Contact Us

26557 Civic Centre Rd,
Keswick, ON  L4P 3G1

T: 905-476-4301 / 705-437-2210
F: 905-476-8100

Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.