Town of Georgina Council meets throughout the year to make decisions on municipal matters, from passing by-laws to adopting committee recommendations.
Council meetings are open to the public. They are accessible and held in the Council Chambers at the Town of Georgina Civic Centre. You are invited to attend, register as a delegation, present or speak to any issue that is before council for discussion. Should you be unable to attend the meetings, you are welcome to listen through the Live/Archived Broadcasts webpage.
Speak at Council or Committee Meetings
If you wish to speak at Council or Committee meetings, you must first complete one of the following forms depending on what you would like to do:
- Delegation Request Form Delegations are limited to five minutes. A five-minute extension to speak may be decided by a majority vote of Council
- Presentation Request Form- Presentations are limited to 10 minutes and may be extended at the discretion of Council by a majority vote
- Request to Speak Form - Speakers are permitted to speak only once and are limited to five minutes
Public consultation is an important part of the Council and Committee process. The Town of Georgina is committed to maintaining a transparent public consultation process while ensuring continued health and safety of staff and the public during a declared emergency. While the Town of Georgina Civic Centre is closed to the public, citizens are able to participate in meetings by:
- submitting written comments for review by Council.
- pre-registering to speak at an electronic Council meeting.
Written comments and Request to Speak Forms for Electronic Meetings must be received by 12 noon the last business day prior to the meeting. Delegation Request Forms for Electronic Meetings must be received no later than 10: a.m. on the Monday 10 days prior to the Wednesday meeting to pre-register.
The comments must:
- Relate to a matter on the agenda
- Clearly state the request being conveyed
- Include name and contact information
Response will be provided outside the meeting process to comments received relating to other matters. Please be advised the name and address of anyone submitting comments will appear in the public record and will be posted online following the meeting.