Georgina offers grants and rebates to help achieve social, economic and cultural goals for our communities.
If you have questions about opening a business, expanding, training or support programs available through the Town of Georgina or other levels of government, connect with us. We are here to help businesses start up, scale and pivot.
The programs include grants, a development application fee rebate and a temporary patio program. In 2020, these programs, along with the Georgina Economic Recovery Benefit, helped 92 businesses and not-for-profits cover costs associated with COVID-19 and/or expand their operations. Learn more about the Town of Georgina's programs created to assist with business recovery efforts during the pandemic.
The Development Rebate Program is to encourage development and redevelopment in the industrial, commercial (excluding retail and service commercial) and institutional sectors. Learn more about the program.
The Community Improvement Plan (CIP) grants are intended to improve a defined area within a community that has been identified as in need of revitalization. There are four grants that business owners and commercial property owners within the designated CIP boundaries can apply for: facade, heritage, landscape and accessibility.
You could receive up to $5,000 (facade or heritage) or 50 per cent of the cost of the improvement, whichever is less. Applications are reviewed monthly by the Economic Development Committee. Note that applications must be submitted and approved before any work begins. Also, you can apply for multiple applications for a project
Learn more about the program and submit your application online.
- Community Betterment Grant: This grant provides assistance to efforts being undertaken to build capacity within a community or neighbourhood.
- Community Culture Grant: This grant will provide funds towards the events/programs or public art installations intended to celebrate the culture of Georgina.
- Economic Development Grant: This grant provides assistance to organizations who are able to demonstrate that their program/event will have a direct economic impact on the surrounding business community.
- ShopHERE: a program that provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away.
- Ontario Grants Program: providing brick-and-mortar small businesses with $2,500 Digital Transformation Grants, and municipalities / local communities with grants to implement a Digital Service Squad.
Economic Development Quick Links
- COVID-19 business supports
- Commercial and industrial properties for sale
- Business and tourism blog
- Shop local campaign
Georgina is dedicated to facilitating local economic growth and prosperity and to ensuring that the infrastructure and development policies are in place to provide for a healthy community that meets the social, economic and cultural needs of the residents and business owners. Let's do business. Contact our Economic Development and Tourism office: 905-476-4301 l firstname.lastname@example.org