Superior Tanker Shuttle Services Accreditation
What is Superior Tanker Shuttle Service Accreditation?
Superior Tanker Shuttle Accreditation is a program of the Fire Underwriters Survey that recognizes a fire department’s ability to shuttle water by way of tanker trucks to fight fires in areas far from municipal hydrants.
The basic requirements for accreditation are:
1. Within five minutes of the first pumper arriving at a fire scene, firefighters must be able to deliver a minimum of nine hundred (900) litres/minute (200 gal/min) of water; and
2. Maintain that water flow uninterrupted for two hours.
How does accreditation benefit residents?
Insurers utilize the information provided by the Fire Underwriters survey to set property insurance rates in Canada. They are advised that Superior Tanker Shuttle Service Accredited areas may be rated as ‘hydrant protected’.
As a result of this accreditation, residents who own detached dwellings within 8 kilometres (by road) from any of the three fire stations may be eligible to receive a cost reduction in their fire insurance rates from insurers in Canada. These stations include:
• Keswick – Fire Station #1-4 – 165 The Queensway South, Keswick, ON L4P 3S9 - Certificate
• Sutton – Fire Station #1-6 – 37 Snooks Road, Sutton, ON L0E 1R0 - Certificate
• Pefferlaw – Fire Station #1-8 – 270 Pefferlaw Road, Pefferlaw, ON L0E 1N0 - Certificate
Regardless of the potential impact on insurance rates, the Tanker Shuttle Accreditation indicates the Town of Georgina Fire and Rescue Services ability to transport water to rural fire scenes to protect our residents.
Personal Lines Fire Insurance Classification – DPG 3B(S) – Flow Rate of 273 IGPM For more information on our Superior Tanker Shuttle Services Accreditation, contact 905-476-2332.