Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Public Library Board (PLB) to deal with matters related to the operation of the local libraries.
The Georgina Public Library Board (PLB) regulates all matters connected with the management of our three libraries, located in Keswick, Pefferlaw and Sutton, and library property and provides a comprehensive and efficient public library service that reflects the community’s unique needs, through the Public Libraries Act.
Georgina Public Library Board members:
- Identify and represent local community needs and interests.
- Ensure the delivery of programs and services that reflect the unique needs and interests of the Georgina community.
- Approve budgets to be presented to Municipal Council that provide sufficient levels of funding to ensure quality library service for the Georgina community.
- Monitor and evaluate the management of the Library within approved budget limits
Terms of Reference
The Committee’soutlines the purpose, general activities and membership responsibility.
- Councillor Dave Neeson
- Adrienne McDowell
- Bobbi Sabatini
- Mary Catherine Macaluso
- Naomi Davison
- Shari Hawkins
- Nancy Rodrigues
- Leslie Johnstone
- Rita Beechey
Want to learn more?
The PLB meets the third Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Keswick Branch, with an annual visit to Pefferlaw and Peter Gzowski Branches. Please check for schedule changes.
- PLB meetings are open to the public
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee
- The location is wheelchair accessible
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Georgina Public Library's
For assistance and information please contact the Board Secretary by email at email@example.com or telephone at 905-476-7233 ext. 4516
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the Georgina's PLB Agendas and Minutes web page.