Each Term of Office, the Town of Georgina Council invites community members to sit on the Georgina Public Library Board (GPLB) to deal with matters related to the operation of the local libraries.
The Georgina Public Library Board regulates all matters connected with the governance of all library branches in Georgina, including library property and provides a comprehensive and efficient public library service that reflects the community’s unique needs, through the Public Libraries Act.
Agenda and Minutes
Please visit the Georgina's PLB Agendas and Minutes webpage.
Terms of Reference
The Board's Terms of Reference outlines the purpose, general activities and membership responsibility.
The Georgina Public Library Board has nine (9) Board Members composed of:
- two (2) Council Members; and
- seven (7) citizen appointments.
At no time shall a majority of Board Members be sitting Council Members, pursuant to S. 10(2) of the Public Libraries Act. Library Board Members must not be an employee of the Town of Georgina or the Georgina Public Library.
Please visit the Georgina Public Library website.
The GPLB meets the third Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Keswick Branch, with an annual visit to Pefferlaw and Peter Gzowski Branches. Please check for schedule changes.
- GPLB meetings are open to the public.
- Public input is welcome through a Request to Speak form or a Request for Presentation to the Committee.
- The location is wheelchair accessible.
- Meetings are conducted in accordance with the Georgina Public Library's Board Structure Bylaws
For assistance and information please contact the Board Secretary by email at email@example.com or telephone at 905-476-7233 ext. 4516