About Georgina Trails
Experience the Town of Georgina's beautiful natural environment by walking, cycling or hiking our local trails.
Georgina offers a range of trail experiences and places to discover. These trails provide opportunities to explore your local neighbourhood and discover nearby natural areas. Once future trails are added, they will continue to provide linkages throughout the community and help encourage residents and visitors to enjoy the unique landscapes Georgina has to offer.
The majority of the Town of Georgina’s trails are multi-use which are suitable for walking, hiking, jogging and cycling. Trail terrain ranges from compact gravel surfaces to asphalt sections through local neighbourhoods and community parks.
Trails maps and brochure
The Trails Maps and brochure are designed to help you find all the information you need about trails within the Town of Georgina. Printed brochures are available for free at community centres, libraries or at Town offices.
Trail etiquette and safety
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Please stay on designated trails. Follow signage that will guide you safely along the pathway.
- Be courteous to other trail users. Keep to the right.
- Keep all pets on a leash and be sure to pick up after your pet.
- Do not disturb any plants or wildlife.
- Hold on to litter until you can dispose it in a garbage bin.
- Respect the privacy of neighbouring residents.
Cycling is a safe, fun and environmentally friendly way to get around – as long as motorists and cyclists share the road, obey all laws under the Highway Traffic Act and ensure they are equipped with appropriate safety equipment.
York Regional Police bike safety postcard
To learn more, visit yrp.ca/bikesafety.
- Cyclists should always wear a helmet.
- Always yield to pedestrians and alert them as you approach from behind.
- Look and plan ahead; don’t become distracted.
- Never assume another cyclist, pedestrian or driver sees you. Make eye contact with other road users.
- Follow rules, obey signs and signal your intentions (see diagram below).
Benefits of Trails
- Offers the opportunity to learn about and experience the natural environment.
- Provides chances to explore your local neighbourhood and discover nearby natural features, parks and facilities.
- Using active modes of transportation such as walking and cycling in your daily routine can significantly reduce your chances of heart problems and can help improve circulation, lower blood pressure and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Allows for the opportunity to spend quality time with your family and meet new people with similar interests (e.g. hiking groups).
- Improves mental health by reducing stress, refreshing your mind and increasing energy levels.
- Trail and pathway systems save energy and protect air quality by encouraging active modes of transportation.
For more information contact the Community Services Department by email at email@example.com, or Service Georgina at 905-476-4301 ext 3001.
Trails and Active Transportation Master Plan
The Town of Georgina's Trails and Active Transportation Master Plan was approved by Council in May 2014. This plan aims to develop an integrated, connected and continuous trails and active transportation system that supports improved community health, safety, economy, transportation and tourism. It represents a significant step forward towards the Town’s commitment to provide permanent and seasonal residents as well as visitors with a range of active transportation and active recreation alternatives.