The Temporary Patio Program was created to assist restaurants across the municipality with recovery efforts. Restaurant establishments that wish to build a new or expand an existing patio must complete an application that will be reviewed in consultation with Town staff from the Development Services and Operations and Infrastructure Department. Businesses with an identified Business Improvement Area are eligible to receive a grant to assist with constructing their temporary patio.
Visit georgina.ca/patio for more information on the application process and the CIP Patio Grant Program.
The COVID-19 Improvement Grant Program has been created to provide to assist with recovery and efforts that must be undertaken by business owners to address operations during this pandemic. Program eligibility will be determined by Georgina's Economic Recovery Team until such time as the Economic Development Committee begins to meet.
The Community Improvement Plan is a program that was approved in accordance with Section 28 of the Ontario Planning Act and applies to only those commercially assessed properties that are identified as being within the Keswick, Sutton or Jackson‘s Point Business Improvement Areas.
Grants approved under this program would be provided to owners/business operators following the submission of the final invoice for the renovation work completed indicating that the suppliers/contractors have been paid in full. For products or software purchased, paid in full invoices/receipts must be provided.
Grant Program amounts
1) Renovations to address the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Maximum 50 per cent cost share to a maximum of $3,000 per business
- Retrofitted interior floor layouts
- Construction required to permit social distancing protocols
- Installation of Items/Products to address COVID 19 safety protocols during business operations
2) Purchase/implementation of new technology or software programs to enable e-commerce options or functionality of online business operations
- Maximum 50 per cent cost share to a maximum of $1,500 per business
- Purchase of E-Commerce Shopping Platforms
- CRM programs
- Technology to enhance bandwidth or internet capacity
- Mobile applications or functionality to allow customers to book appointments, pick-up times or order online
- Digital Applications to interact with customers to promote social distancing
- Security software programs that protect customer's data, and payment protection methods.
The COVID-19 Development Application Rebate Program has been created to provide additional assistance to the business community and to assist with business recovery efforts during the pandemic by providing a rebate for building permit fees. Evaluation and approval of the applications will be determined by Georgina's Economic Recovery Team until such time as the Economic Development Committee begins to meet.
This funding opportunity recognizes that businesses during this time are required to retrofit their establishments to address COVID-19 related protocols and upgrade commercial spaces which may necessitate the submission of a building permit together with associated fees.
If an application is approved, rebates for building permit fees would be provided to owners/business operators following completion of the work and issuance of an occupancy permit by the Chief Building Official.
Grant Program amount and eligibility
- A maximum rebate of $3,000 will be provided for building permit fees (depending on the number of applications received, applicants may not receive the full amount requested)
- All sectors are eligible (Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional)
- All locations within the municipality are eligible
- Any individual of their immediate family who received a bi-weekly remuneration from the Town of Georgina is ineligible
The Not-for-Profits and Charitable Organizations COVID-19 Grant Program has been created to provide additional assistance to not-for-profits and charitable organizations located in Georgina. The Town of Georgina recognizes that these organizations are vital to the social and economic well-being of our community.
Grant Program amount
Maximum of $1000 per month for a three month period to assist organizations who are facing a loss of revenue and the cost of maintaining their location by defraying the monthly lease costs for bricks and mortar not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
- Must be a not-for-profit or charitable organization with a bricks and mortar location in the Town of Georgina.
- For organizations that have experienced a 30 per cent loss of revenue due to COVID-19.
Economic Development Quick Links
- Industrial business park
- Community Profile
- Grants, incentives and rebates
- Commercial and industrial properties for sale
- Business and tourism blog
- Shop local campaign
Do you have business support questions? Email our team at email@example.com or call 905-476-4301.
Subscribe to our bi-weekly Economic Development and Tourism Newsletter.