COVID-19 Community Improvement Grant Application (Intake Period 1 June 23 - July 10, 2020)
COVID-19 Development Rebate Building Permit Fee Application (Intake Period 1 June 23 - July 10, 2020)
COVID-19 Not-for-Profit/Charitable Organization Application (Intake Period June 30 - August 10, 2020)
The Georgina Temporary Patio Program has been created to assist restaurants across the municipality with the recent move into Stage 2 of Ontario's reopening framework.
Strict guidelines related to COVID-19 regulations currently restrict seating to patio areas only, while still requiring social distancing that significantly restricts capacity. The reduced capacity within existing patio areas or the absence of a patio will result has made it necessary to create a temporary patio program.
Restaurant establishments that wish to build a new or expand an existing patio outdoor dining require to complete this application which will be reviewed in consultation with Town staff from the Development Services and Operations and Infrastructure Department.
Temporary Patio Process
1) Application to determine the layout and use of space for patio and provide sketch in this free online application.
2) Staff will review the application submission within 3 business days and advise the applicant of approval and/or required revisions necessary to establish patio.
3) Georgina Economic Recovery Task Force will issue notice of approval
The COVID-19 Improvement Grant Program has been created to provide to assist with recovery and efforts that must be undertaken by business owners to address operations during this Pandemic. Program eligibility will be determined by Georgina's Economic Recovery Team until such time as the Economic Development Committee begins to meet.
The Community Improvement Plan is a program that was approved in accordance with Section 28 of the Ontario Planning Act and applies to only those commercially assessed properties that are identified as being within the Keswick, Sutton or Jackson‘s Point Business Improvement Areas.
Grants approved under this program would be provided to owners/business operators following the submission of the final invoice for the renovation work completed indicating that the suppliers/contractors have been paid in full. For products or software purchased, paid in full invoices/receipts must be provided.
Grant Program Amounts
1) Renovations to address the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Maximum 50% cost share to a maximum of $3,000 per business
- Retrofitted interior floor layouts
- Construction required to permit social distancing protocols
- Installation of Items/Products to address COVID 19 safety protocols during business operations
2) Purchase/implementation of new technology or software programs to enable e-commerce options or functionality of online business operations
- Maximum 50% cost share to a maximum of $1,500 per business
- Purchase of E-Commerce Shopping Platforms
- CRM programs
- Technology to enhance bandwidth or internet capacity
- Mobile applications or functionality to allow customers to book appointments, pick-up times or order online
- Digital Applications to interact with customers to promote social distancing
- Security software programs that protect customer's data, and payment protection methods.
The COVID-19 Development Application Rebate Program has been created to provide additional assistance to the business community and to assist with business recovery efforts during the Pandemic by providing a rebate for building permit fees. Evaluation and approval of the applications will be determined by Georgina's Economic Recovery Team until such time as the Economic Development Committee begins to meet.
This funding opportunity recognizes that businesses during this time are required to retrofit their establishments to address COVID-19 related protocols and upgrade commercial spaces which may necessitate the submission of a building permit together with associated fees.
If an application is approved, rebates for building permit fees would be provided to owners/business operators following completion of the work and issuance of an occupancy permit by the Chief Building Official.
Grant Program Amount & Eligibility
- A maximum rebate of $3,000 will be provided for building permit fees (depending on the number of applications received, applicants may not receive the full amount requested)
- All sectors are eligible (Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional)
- All locations within the municipality are eligible
- Any individual of their immediate family who received a bi-weekly remuneration from the Town of Georgina is ineligible
The Not-for-Profits and Charitable Organizations COVID-19 Grant Program has been created to provide additional assistance to not-for-profits and charitable organizations located in Georgina. The Town of Georgina recognizes that these organizations are vital to the social and economic well-being of our community.
Grant Program Amount
Maximum of $1000 per month for a 3 month period to assist organizations who are facing a loss of revenue and the cost of maintaining their location by defraying the monthly lease costs for bricks and mortar not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
- Must be a not-for-profit or charitable organization with a bricks and mortar location in the Town of Georgina, excluding Town owned facilities.
- For organizations that have experienced a 30% loss of revenue due to COVID-19.