Georgina offers grants and rebates to help achieve social, economic and cultural goals for our communities.
If you have questions about opening a business, expanding, training or support programs available through the Town of Georgina or other levels of government, connect with us. We are here to help businesses start up, scale and pivot.
COVID-19 Economic Recovery Team Grants and Rebate
The programs include grants, a development application fee rebate and a temporary patio program. These programs, along with the Georgina Economic Recovery Benefit (2020), helped businesses and not-for-profits cover costs associated with COVID-19 and/or expand their operations. Learn more about the Town of Georgina's programs created to assist with business recovery efforts during the pandemic.
Development Application Fee Rebate Program
The Development Rebate Program is to encourage development and redevelopment in all sectors. Rebates can be up to 50 per cent of the application fee to a maximum of $15,000 for a single application. For multiple applications, rebates can be up to 75 per cent to a maximum of $50,000 per property. Learn more about the program.
Community Improvement Plan Program for downtown businesses
The Community Improvement Plan (CIP) grants are intended to improve a defined area within a community that has been identified as in need of revitalization. There are four grants that business owners and commercial property owners within the designated CIP boundaries can apply for: facade, heritage, landscape and accessibility.
You could receive up to $5,000 (facade or heritage) or 50 per cent of the cost of the improvement, whichever is less. Applications are reviewed monthly by the Economic Development Committee.
*Note that applications must be submitted and approved before any work begins. Also, you can apply for multiple applications for a project
Learn more about the program and submit your application online.
Community Betterment Grant Program
- Community Betterment Grant: This grant provides assistance to efforts being undertaken to build capacity within a community or neighbourhood.
- Community Culture Grant: This grant will provide funds towards the events/programs or public art installations intended to celebrate the culture of Georgina.
- Economic Development Grant: This grant provides assistance to organizations who are able to demonstrate that their program/event will have a direct economic impact on the surrounding business community.
Digital Main Street Programs
- ShopHERE: a program that provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away.
- The Digital Transformation Grant provides brick-and-mortar businesses with $2,500 towards their adoption of digital technologies. The money can be used for several things, such as digital advertising, social media platforms, digital marketing, software, and more.
Support for investors
To ensure business owners and investors are assisted to the greatest extent possible with the planning and development process, the Business Class Program was established. It ensures Town staff support investors from the initial meeting through the development application process. Learn more about eligibility and how the program can assist your next venture.
Discover the tools and resources you’ll need to make your business thrive in Georgina:
- Discover how your business can leverage the unique advantages Georgina has to offer.
- Explore our community.
- Learn about future growth and economic statistics.
- Find available properties and land for sale in Georgina.
- Learn about the Keswick Business Park.
- Access business resources and support programs in our community.
- Subscribe to our Economic Development and Tourism eNewsletter
- Read our business and tourism news blog.