Public skating opportunities will be introduced in late fall.
More information to follow, schedule will be released once available.
Once the public skating program becomes available, all patrons are asked to familiarize themselves with the new safety procedures and protocols as the provincial regulations have changed and will be enforced
The Town is implementing these procedures in accordance with provincial regulations and York Region Public Health letter of instruction. Please be patient and respectful with Town staff as they begin implementing these new provincial and York Region Public Health protocols.
- The Town will be complying to the provincial regulations and require all patrons entering the Georgina Ice Palace to show proof of identification and of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the point of entry. Limited exemptions will be made as allowed by the Government of Ontario's regulations.
- To enter the facility, the following are required:
- Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccination certificate or other government-issued vaccination record.
- Acceptable identification which includes name and birthdate – photo ID is not required. (Examples include birth certificate, citizenship card, driver's licence or other government-issued ID.)
- Who needs to show proof of vaccination at Town recreation facilities?
- Anyone 12 years and older
- As per provincial regulations, anyone who refuses to share the required information will not be allowed to enter Town recreation facilities.
Anyone who has been fully vaccinated and requires a vaccine certificate can print or download it from the provincial booking portal. To help residents who may not have access to a printer, Georgina Public Library is providing free printing service for customers requiring a paper copy of a vaccination certificate.
For the latest information, news and updates on COVID-19 in Georgina, visit georgina.ca/COVID-19.