Household hazardous waste includes material that is corrosive, explosive, flammable, or poisonous. It is damaging to people and the environment if it gets washed down the drain or thrown in the garbage. It can contaminate drinking water, soil and the air. Whenever possible, try to use non-hazardous alternatives. If you do use a hazardous material try to use it all or give the leftovers to someone who will use it.
Household hazardous waste can be dropped off for free at:
Georgina Transfer Station Household Hazardous Waste Depot
23068 WARDEN AVE (Just North of Ravenshoe Rd.)
Georgina, ON L4P 3E9
Hours of Operations
Monday to Saturday: 8 AM to 5 PM
|Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off||Open Tuesday and Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM|
* Closed on Civic and statutory holidays
Accepted items include:
- POISON including pesticides, chemicals, insect poisons, bleach, cleaning fluids, fertilizers, fungicides, insecticides, antifreeze, and pool chemicals.
- FLAMMABLE including paints, solvents, oils, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, BBQ starter, paint stripper, paint brush cleaner, primer.
- EXPLOSIVE including aerosols, propane cylinders
- CORROSIVE including batteries, drain cleaners, oven cleaners, and disinfectants.
- OTHERS fluorescent tubs and energy efficient light bulbs